That is a question that I have been getting a lot lately, and I would like to clarify what a blog is.
Simply stated, a blog is an interactive website. It allows you to engage your audience in conversation. For businesses, this is usually your customers and employees.
Blogs are different from regular websites in the following ways:
1. Blogs are interactive. You have the ability to conversate directly with your audience. A regular website only provides information, and little or no activity.
2. Information is uploaded instantly on blogs, which allow for frequent updates. Updates on websites usually take longer because a specialist is performing that task.
3. You do not have to be a specialist to write blog posts. You just have to have good written communication and follow-up skills.
4. Blogs give your company a voice. An informal yet professional voice can be used for online conversations. This helps customers to feel comfortable when speaking with you.
5. You do not have to be a web designer or technology guru to set up a blog. In fact, many blog programs have everything you need, including tutorials to walk you through the entire process.
Now, you have a better idea of what a blog is. If you still have questions or would like to get your blog started, call The Write Design Company at 877.570.5228.