I attended a Small Business Open House sponsored by Harold Washington Library. It was really nice. There were separate tables with different interests including patent and trademark resources; small business resources; and highly targeted directories.
I also had a 15 minute consultation with a librarian who asked me about my business and my potential target market. I can’t think of her name right now, but she walked me through a couple to show me how to use them.
Harold Washington Library gets high marks for having such a wonderful program to help business owners. Following are useful resources I recorded.
- Reference USA
- Census – Business Census
- Directory of Associations / Directory of Tradeshows
- Generation X Americans – The American Generation Services
- Sourcebook of Zipcode Demographics
- American Market Place
- Small Business Sourcebook
- Best Customers – Demographics of Consumer Demand
- Survey of Current Businesses
- Industry and Trade Outlook
- State and Metropolitan Area Data Book
What other resources have you used in your target market research?